Westchester International Children’s Film Festival returns to Picture House Sept. 6-8

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by The Picture House Regional Film Center.

August 21, 2019 – Pelham, NY – From Friday, September 6th through Sunday, September 8th The Picture House Regional Film Center (TPH) will present the fifth annual Westchester International Children’s Film Festival (WICFF) once again bringing the best new films from around the world for ages 3 through 18 to Westchester, the Bronx, and Connecticut. For the fifth year in a row, the WICFF is sponsored by the Wildlife Conservation Society’s Bronx Zoo.

Highlights of the festival include the critically-acclaimed Australian film Storm Boy starring Geoffrey Rush and Jai Courtney, an advance screening of the French animated film Dilli in Paris, prize-winning and audience favorite shorts including a celebration of Dutch animation, and the British live action film, Swallows and Amazons.

On Saturday, September 7th at 10:00 a.m. The Picture House will roll out the red carpet for its youngest filmmakers at its annual Student Showcase. The showcase offers Picture House students, their friends, and families the opportunity to show off their talent and see their recent works come to life on the big screen in the Main Hall.

The WICFF will once again coincide with Pelham’s annual Wolfs Walk street festival taking place on Wolfs Lane between The Picture House and Boulevard on Saturday, September 7th. The 2nd Annual Wolfs Walk will feature live music, artisanal food and drink, and a highly curated selection of artists and vendors. TPH’s Satellite Film Lab, located at 253 Wolfs Lane, will be open from 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. with a selection of pop-in, movie-making workshops for students of all ages. Then at 7:30 p.m. the festival’s Retro Spotlight will feature the classic film The NeverEnding Story. Free babysitting services will be available at the screening for Picture House members at the Family level or higher.

“The Westchester International Children’s Film Festival is a perennial favorite and something we look forward to as we welcome another school year,” said Clayton Bushong, Director of Programming at The Picture House. “As always, we’ll feature family-friendly films from around the world so movie-goers of all ages can travel the world without leaving Westchester.”

“The Westchester International Children’s Film Festival is the only festival of its kind in the region bringing the very best in children’s films from around the world to Southern Westchester,” said Laura deBuys, Executive Director and President of The Picture House. “This TPH-curated selection of films is unmatched in the County and we are so thankful to WCS’s Bronx Zoo for their ongoing generous support of this popular program.”

A full schedule of screenings and film synopses are available on www.thepicturehouse.org. Tickets to the Westchester International Children’s Film Festival are $12/general admission, $6/members, $10/students and seniors for individual screenings. A Family Pass (good for a family of four) to all the screenings is available for $125/ $115 for members. Additional family members can be added for $10/each. Tickets are available at www.thepicturehouse.org or at the box office, 175 Wolfs Lane, Pelham, NY 10803.

About The Picture House Regional Film Center

Since 1921, The Picture House Regional Film Center (TPH) has served as a cultural center and community hub and is the oldest, continuously running movie theater in Westchester County. Thanks to an extensive renovation and the addition of state of the art technology, TPH is also a thriving regional film center providing dynamic film and education programs to a diverse and multi-generational audience in Westchester County and beyond. In the 300-seat Main Hall and the luxurious 14-seat Screening Room, audiences see the best in new, independent, and classic cinema. TPH education programs provide students of all ages with the opportunity to learn about the art, science, and business of film. A community-based, mission-driven, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, The Picture House is located at 175 Wolfs Lane, Pelham, New York, 10803. Contact us at www.thepicturehouse.org, [email protected], or (914) 738-3161.