Maggie Solimine and Sam Rodd picked in top 50 in N.Y. area for Roger Rees theater awards

Sam Rodd (kneeling) and Maggie Solimine (with bouquet) were both selected in the top 50 performers in the Greater New York Area for the Roger Rees Awards.

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by the Pelham School District.

PMHS seniors Maggie Solimine (Best Actress) and Sam Rodd (Best Actor) were selected as one of the top 50 performers in the Greater New York Area for the Roger Rees Awards for their performances as Donna Sheridan and Sam Carmichael in the smash hit Sock ’n’ Buskin production of “Mamma Mia!”

Both Maggie and Sam performed on Saturday, May 18 for a panel of industry judges in Manhattan in hopes of advancing to the National High School Musical Theatre “Jimmy” Awards in June on Broadway.

The Roger Rees Awards for Excellence in Student Performance are presented by Disney Theatrical Group (The Broadway League member) and the Broadway Education Alliance (fiscal sponsor) in association with Camp Broadway LLC (program administrator and showcase producer). The Roger Rees Awards (RRA) is the New York metro area student award program that recognizes distinction in student performance and outstanding achievement in high school musical theater. It serves as the Greater New York Regional Award program of The Broadway League Foundation’s Jimmy® Awards, aka The National High School Musical Theatre Awards®.