PMHS valedictorian Francesca Di Cristofano and salutatorian Sarah Ellenbogen honored at dinner with other top Hudson Valley scholars

PMHS+salutatorian+Sarah+Ellenbogen+%28left%29+and+valedictorian+Francesca+Di+Cristofano+

PMHS salutatorian Sarah Ellenbogen (left) and valedictorian Francesca Di Cristofano

Pelham Memorial High School valedictorian Francesca Di Cristofano and salutatorian Sarah Ellenbogen were honored at the 54th annual Carroll F. Johnson Scholastic Achievement Dinner at the end of May, along with almost 100 other top scholars from high schools in Westchester, Rockland, Putnam and Dutchess counties.

The event was hosted by the Lower Hudson Council of School Superintendents and held at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Tarrytown on May 22.

“For more than half a century the superintendents of Dutchess, Putnam, Rockland and Westchester counties have come together with their board president and high school principal to honor and celebrate the remarkable achievements of the top students in the region,” according to the program for the scholastic achievement dinner. “Through their scholarship and service to others, these students embody the power and promise of public education. We are confident they will become the leaders and ambassadors of the future.”

Sixteen scholarships were presented at the dinner. James Casap, chief education evangelist at Google Inc., gave a keynote address on technology, education and innovation at events around the world.

Editor’s note: Francesca Di Cristofano is managing editor of the Pelham Examiner.