Pelham Civics present $25,000 in community awards to dynamic group of PMHS students

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by the Pelham Civic Association.

(June 12, 2019 – Pelham, NY) The motto of Boston College is “Ever to Excel.” The Co-Chairmen of the Pelham Civic Association’s Community Awards Committee—Darrell Walsh and Michael Ming—just happen to be alumni of Boston College, so it was only natural that, once again, an outstanding group of Pelham Memorial High School students (Juniors & Seniors) were honored with Pelham Civic Association Community Awards.

According to Co-Chair Walsh, “These students are dynamic leaders who have already demonstrated how through their dedication, hard work and sacrifice, they can truly make a difference.”

Co-Chair Ming continued, “Each year our Pelham Civic Awards Committee are honored to meet and interview these outstanding students, and are very encouraged that they will continue their lives as productive volunteers.” Here are the winners of their respective Pelham Civic awards:

VINCENT LOPARDI COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD to KIMBERLY ROSELL.

This award is presented to a graduating high school senior residing in Pelham, NY and who best exemplifies outstanding civic pride and community spirit, and demonstrates active participation in facing community real life problems, offering his or her skills to the needs of the community.

CAMILLO D’URSO CHARITABLE SUPPORT AWARD to STEPHANIE MUNN.

This award is presented to either a high school, college or graduate student who resides in Pelham, and who best exemplifies leadership and support in charitable work,   demonstrating generous actions, donation of time, money, service or help to persons less fortunate or organizations that provide for those in need.

JOSEPH L. NUNZIATA AWARD FOR CREATIVITY & SERVICE to FRANCESCA Di CRISTOFANO.

This award is presented to a graduating high school senior residing in Pelham, NY who applies her or his outstanding creative talents for the benefit of others.

ANTHONY SENERCHIA MEMORIAL SERVICE AWARD to NORA TAHBAZ.

This award is presented to a graduating high school senior residing in Pelham, NY who demonstrates strong community service by giving back to the community. Such actions would be best represented by helping the next generation of students reach their full potential whether through teaching/assisting younger students with after school programs, activities, studies or equivalent.

HON. RICHARD J. DARONCO CIVIC LEADERSHIP AWARD to ISABELLE ANDERSON.

This award is an expense paid trip to serve as the Pelham representative to the Model Congress of Model United Nations Program, or similar program.

PHILIP J. COLICCHIO LEADERSHIP AWARD to NICHOLAS LIEGGI.

This award is presented each year to the incoming Pelham Memorial High School President of the Student Association, and allows for the recipient to attend a leadership conference of their choice.

For more information on the Pelham Civic Association, please visit pelhamcivics.org.