Pelham Art Center opens registration for fall courses

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by the Pelham Art Center.

Art For All! Fall Registration is Open
at Pelham Art Center

Fall Semester: September 23-December 9, 2019

Pelham Art Center is now taking registrations for its fall semester that begins September 23. With back-to-school around the corner and the season ready to change, the Art Center announces its roster of fall classes for all ages and interests.

Once-a-week classes for adults and high school students cover a range of media. Oil Techniques, a new class on Monday evenings, invites painters of all levels to come improve their technique. Digital Photography on Tuesday evenings is an opportunity to train the eye and learn a new skill.

Looking to go beyond the basics? Several specialized classes are offered at Pelham Art Center this semester. Sketching in Oils, another new class at the Art Center, will introduce a fresh approach to landscape painting, while In-depth Painting  will cover fundamental to advanced techniques. Drawing the Face will provide detailed guidance to execute the perfect portrait, and Figure Drawing will focus on the human figure. school students with a special interest in visual art can build their college portfolios at High School Figure Drawing for Portfolio on Wednesday evenings. In this class, students will create well-structured drawings and works of other media to develop a strong, diverse portfolio.

Several adult/high school courses are offered at two different time slots. Artists can Create with Collage, study Ceramics, and practice Drawing & Painting according to their schedules. For those seeking some independent studio time, there is the Painting & Drawing Open Studio on Monday mornings and Friday afternoons.
Art-making encourage new ways to think, create, and connect with others. Fall youth classes at Pelham Art Center allow kids to pursue their curiosity and build confidence by accomplishing projects in a variety of media. In Learn to Draw, Traditional Drawing Techniques, and Ceramics & Wheel Throwing, students will have hands-on fun that develops motor skills and problem-solving. Young artists will also enjoy Cartooning on Tuesdays and Drawing & Watercolor Illustration on Saturdays where they can put ideas onto paper.

Kids can acquire valuable computer skillsets while having creative fun at the Pelham Art Center Media Lab. New media youth classes this fall include two courses in Scratch Coding, Pixel Pals, Young Photographers, Animated Doodles, Hand Animation, Drawing in Photoshop, 3D Modeling, and Stop Motion Animation.

Art is a wonderful way for children to bond with loved ones. Parents, grandparents and caretakers are welcome to sign up for Pre-School Art on Tuesday mornings and Create with Me! on Thursday mornings.  These classes create a shared, exploratory experience for both adult and child. Need to drop the little one off? Paper Mache & Sculpture, Clay Creations, Art Stars, and Art Explorations will inspire young individuals to experiment and express themselves.

Autumn is known as the season of change. Want to turn over a new leaf, but can’t commit to a full semester course? Register for a workshop at Pelham Art Center. Come create with the community at our fall workshops:

• Portrait Intensive: September 16-19
  • Encaustic Demo with R&F: September 21
  • Chinese Brush Painting: September 23, 30, October 7, 21
  • Matisse Masterpiece: November 22

Planning a special event? Custom workshops and classes are available through the Art Center! Contact us to book the Art Center for your next occasion.

Fall registration is now open when you call Pelham Art Center at (914)738-2525×111 or visit us at 155 Fifth Ave, Pelham. Online registration opens August 16! Join our e-mail list for updates and additions throughout the season.

Need-based scholarships and David Uskali scholarships for teens are available. More information here.