PMHS foundations of learning class delivers Thanksgiving-In-A-Box to eight families

The foundations of learning class at Pelham Memorial High School participated in Thanksgiving-In-A-Box. This is a program where the Manor Market collects funds to purchase holiday food items, then provides the food for distribution to families that are in need around the area.

The foundation of learning students delivered seven boxes to families. It was the second year in a row they did this project. The effort had help from several departments at the high school, including the counseling, math, science, English and special education departments.  The Students in Need Fund, which is comprised of faculty and staff donations, also donated two boxes.

“I think the best way to show that you are thankful for the things and people you have in life is to be able to give to others,” said Michael Solazzo, the foundations of learning teacher. “This obviously holds true for many teachers here at PMHS with their generous donations.”

This cause continues to grow as the class increased its donation from one box last year. The class thanked Syd Thayer and the managers at Manor Market and Alan and Carol Brodsky for helping organize Thanksgiving-In-A-Box.