Village of Pelham police blotter: Dec. 20-23

Village of Pelham police blotter: Dec. 20-23

Dec. 20

12:30 p.m. — An officer was dispatched to Pelham Memorial High School on Colonial Ave on a report of suspicious circumstances. Upon arrival the officer spoke with one of the school’s security guards who stated that a party had come to the front door of the school, around 12:30 p.m., requesting to speak with a faculty member. The on duty officer greeted him and showed the party his badge stating that he was a member of the NYPD. The guard attempted to contact the faculty member but was unsuccessful as they were teaching. The party left after stating that he was friends with said faculty member, and had graduated from PMHS in 2001. The same party returned at 4:00 p.m. later that day, this time greeted by a different security guard. This guard called down the on duty officer, who again showed his NYPD badge to the party. The security guard advised the party that the faculty member had left for the day. Although the guard stated that she did recognize the party, she requested that he leave school as the faculty member had already left the premises. A member of security later spoke with the party on the phone who proceeded to say that the NYPD had “fucked him” and he had been fired. He was then advised not to return to school property. The faculty member did come to speak to the reporting officer and showed him texts that the suspected party had sent her. These included before and after photos of his weight loss. The texts were given to the Detective Division. She stated that she had never taught this party, but was his class advisor in 2001, and he used to visit her in the years after until he was asked to leave by school security. A google search revealed a case in which the party had been beaten and had his weapon stolen. Nothing further to report at this time.

8:39 p.m. — The department received a call notifying about a hit and run motor-vehicle accident that had occurred at the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Sixth Avenue. Units were dispatched and a proper report was filed. Nothing further.

Dec. 21

3:00 p.m. — An officer responded to a residence on Young Avenue on a report of a larceny in the past. The officer spoke with the resident, who stated that an inflatable Snoopy Christmas decoration had been taken from their property. The $30 decoration had been unplugged from the household extension cord, however the resident was unable to give a specific date and time for when he last had seen the decoration. The residence has no surveillance cameras and no contact could be made with the neighbors. Nothing further at this time.

5:13 p.m. — A resident of Fifth Avenue came into police headquarters to drop off a variety of weapons they had found in their attic including a rifle, handgun, shotgun, and ninja stars.

Dec. 23

9:32 a.m. — A party came to police headquarters to report a missing package. The wrong address had been put on the label of the package, delivering it to a residence on Sixth Street rather than Sixth Avenue. UPS Tracking stated that the package had been delivered on the 12th, but no package had been delivered. An officer spoke to the resident of the location to which the package was delivered, who stated that she had left the package on her porch for the mail carriers to take back. Upon speaking with the post office, they stated that they had no such package returned. The package contained Native American artifacts valued between $600-800.