PMHS Assistant Principal Rothstein to resign at end of year; news follows planned retirement of Principal Clark

Pelham Memorial High School

Judd Rothstein, assistant principal of Pelham Memorial High School, is resigning at the end of the school year “to pursue a new career opportunity,” according to an email from Superintendent Cheryl Champ.

The announcement follows news PMHS Principal Jeannine Clark will retire when the school year ends, leaving vacancies to fill in the top two jobs at PMHS.

“Please know that while we recognize the challenge of selecting both a new principal and assistant principal, we are confident that our administration, teachers and staff are well equipped to ensure a smooth transition and continuity for our students,” Champ said.

Of Rothstein, Champ said he “joined the high school in 2015 and has had an incredible impact on our students for the past four years.”

The district will first begin a broad search for a PMHS principal so the the chosen candidate can contribute to the search for an assistant principal, the email said.

“Applications for all positions will be screened by district administration, and top applicants will be invited to meet with representative groups of administrators, teachers/staff and parents and students,” Champ said. “Finalists will then be interviewed by the superintendent’s cabinet and the recommended candidates will also meet with the board of education.”

Champ said she expects to have the jobs filled by the end of the school year to allow for a smooth transition.