Village of Pelham police blotter: July 4-18

Village of Pelham police blotter: July 4-18

July 4
12:40 p.m. — A party entered headquarters to report an identity theft. The party stated that they received a notice by mail stating that an unknown party had filed a claim with the NYS Department of Labor for unemployment insurance using her name. The claim was filed without the party’s knowledge or consent. The party was uncertain at the time as to whether any finances were missing. An officer advised the reporting party to subscribe to a credit monitoring agency, and the party requested a police report for such.

July 6
12:05 a.m. — The department received a call regarding a missing person. The reporting party stated that their grandson ran out of the house at approximately 10:45 p.m. and had not returned. A hotline was sent out, the area canvassed, friends of the missing party contacted and an attempt was made to contact the party yielding negative results. At approximately 1:15 a.m. the party was located by the Metro North station, unharmed. The party was safely returned to his home in a police vehicle.

July 8
10:59 a.m. — A party arrived at police headquarters to report a lost license plate from their vehicle. The party stated that they had heard a noise outside their residence, around where their vehicle was parked, after dark a few days prior. The party believes that the plate may have been taken at that time by a group of unknown youths. As the reporting party did not witness any individuals around the vehicle, or check the vehicle after hearing the noise, they could not confirm whether a crime had been committed. The plate is considered lost at this time, as it may have fallen off at an unknown location. No further.

July 16
4:50 p.m. — An officer on patrol observed a motorcycle traveling east on Boulevard, its operator not wearing a helmet. The officer conducted a stop on Boulevard and Loring Ave. and informed the vehicle’s operator the reason for the stop. Headquarters ran a check on the vehicle and its operator’s information, coming back with a valid registrations, however the DMV check on the license revealed three suspensions from 2019 for failure to pay child support. Two other officers arrived on scene, and the vehicle operator was arrested, their vehicle towed, processed at headquarters and gave a date to appear in court in the future.

July 17
12:42 a.m. — The department received a call regarding a possible missing person. The party stated that they had not seen their sister for approximately 24 hours. The party was able to get their sister’s phone location, which showed her to be at Marcello’s Pizza on Fifth Ave. A canvass was conducted in the surrounding area as well as at bars, parks and the train station, yielding negative results. It was not confirmed that the party had gone missing in the Village area, and the missing party is not a resident, with no ties to Pelham. The reporting party was advised to contact the NYPD, as well as their sister’s roommate for further information. Detective division to be notified.

2:26 p.m. — An officer responded to a Sixth St. residency on a report of a larceny. The resident stated that they left their bicycle against the fence of the DeCicco’s parking lot, and upon their return after a short period of time, found the bike to be missing. The bike is an unknown model and described as gray, black and red. The area was canvassed with negative results. An email was sent to DeCicco’s in an effort to obtain footage of said larceny.

July 18
3:13 p.m. — An officer was dispatched to a location on Carol Ave. on a report of an unknown male entering a vehicle. Upon arrival the officer spoke to the reporting party, who stated that they had seen a black male approximately 17 years old enter a vehicle. The man left the vehicle on a bicycle with blue rims, headed Southbound. A party employed by the owner of the vehicle searched it, and stated that no property was missing. Additionally, they stated that they and the owner were the only people with access to said vehicle. The owner of the vehicle refused to come to the scene. Camera footage from nearby residencies was checked, and the area was canvassed with negative results.