Village of Pelham police blotter: Sept. 1-10

Village of Pelham police blotter: Sept. 1-10

Sept. 1
12:29 p.m. — An officer on patrol observed graffiti that appeared to spell out riot in white paint on the side of the Dunkin Donuts on Lincoln Ave.. The officer got in contact with the manager who stated that they did not wish to pursue criminal charges.

11:00 a.m. — An officer spoke to Four Seasons Landscaping workers regarding the company truck obstructing the flow of traffic on Highbrook Ave. and Boulevard. They were unable to provide licenses or proof of insurance when requested. When asked who was driving the vehicle, they said it was the owner, who was around the corner. The officer was able to contact the owner who stated that he was in Larchmont. The party who was actually operating the vehicle was issued a DTT and the vehicle was impounded.

Sept. 2
1:49 p.m. — An officer responded to a call regarding damage to a motor vehicle on Sixth St.. The vehicle’s owner stated that he had parked his car there the previous night, and upon his return noticed damage to the bumper and fender on the driver’s side. The officer observed the damage as well as parts of the fender under the car. No security cameras were directed in the vehicle’s area.

5:27 p. m. — The Pelham Art Center called headquarters to report damage to property. A piece of art had been broken, possibly twisted, and pieces recovered from nearby bushes. The same piece had been broken previously. The center’s motion detectors and cameras were not functioning at the time. At this time the incident was reported for documentation purposes.

Sept. 4
5:09 p.m. — While on patrol an officer observed green graffiti on the side of a building on Fifth Ave. The officer attempted to contact the owner of the business, yielding negative results. Eventually the officer got in contact with the owner’s son who stated he believed that graffiti was new but could not provide a timeframe for when the incident may have occurred. Photos were taken of the graffiti, which is believed to have some relation to a previous incident. No further police action at this time.

9:56 p.m. — An officer was dispatched to a residence on Sixth St. on the report of suspicious circumstances. The complaining party stated that there was an unknown person repeatedly knocking at their door. The man knocking believed the address was that of another party whose son had been arguing with his own and threatened to release nude pictures of him. It is unknown at the time if the photos exist. The resident was able to give the party a possible phone number for the person he wished to speak with. The party was sent on his way. Youth officers notified of the incident.

Sept. 6
3:38 a.m. — The department received numerous calls complaining about loud music coming from the Mount Vernon area near the Ice Hutch. Officers were aware of the party occurring but lacked available units to send at the time. Complaints regarding the music stopped coming in at around 5:00 a.m..

Sept. 7
10:20 p.m. — An officer responded to a call regarding suspicious circumstances at a location on Second Ave.. Upon arrival the officer spoke with the complaining party who stated that he was sitting in his car in his driveway at about 10:00 p.m. and observed an unknown male walk up his driveway towards the car. As the suspicious party approached the complaining party opened the car door, leading to the stranger mumbling and walking away. He followed the stranger for a while until losing sight of him. The area was canvassed with negative results. No further police action was requested.

Sept. 8
9:55 a.m. — An officer responded to a residence on Second Ave. for a report of an attempted larceny. Upon arrival the officer spoke with the complaining party who stated that at 11:00 p.m. the previous night he parked his vehicle in his driveway and did not return to it until 7:00 a.m. that morning. At that time he found the driver’s side door ajar and both the center console and glove compartment open. A nearby residence was requested to send surveillance footage that would possibly have the attempted larceny documented. No further police action was requested.

3:00 p.m. — An officer was dispatched to a location on First Ave. on report of a man urinating in public. The officer spoke with the complaining party who stated that he observed a man get out of a car and urinate near his vehicle. He then observed another man get out of the vehicle and enter a residence on First Ave.. The officer spoke to a party who worked at the residence and they were able to provide a possible phone number for the driver of the vehicle. They stated that their son got out of the vehicle (a taxi) and entered the residence. Headquarters attempted to make contact with the taxi driver but yielded negative results.

4:24 p.m. — An officer was dispatched to a residence on Third Ave. on the report of a larceny from a vehicle that occurred in the past. The officer spoke with the reporting party who stated that his vehicle has approximately $25 taken from its center console. He stated that he had parked his vehicle at around 1:00 a.m. the previous night and noticed the missing money around 8:30 a.m. that morning. When asked if he locked his car doors the night before the complaining party stated that he was unsure. Multiple security cameras were located in the area but yielded negative results at the time. No further police action at the time.

4:30 p.m. — While attending to the above call, another Third St. resident stated that they found the contents of their vehicle’s glove box and center console on the seats that morning. The party was unsure if they had locked their doors the previous night. Nothing further.

Sept. 9
11:54 p.m. — An officer was dispatched to a location on Fifth Ave. on a report of suspicious circumstances. Upon arrival the officer spoke with one of the complaining parties who stated that he observed multiple parties enter and exit a residence that he believed was not theirs at all times of the day and night. The officer observed one of the three suspect parties walking on Fifth Ave.. The officer called out to the party to come speak to him and he complied with said orders. While speaking with the party, the officer observed a strong smell of marijuana. The officer asked the party if he had any marijuana on him to which he responded “four or five grams,” producing a bag with approximately .25 ounces of marijuana. The officer searched the party’s backpack to find more bags of marijuana, THC oil, plastic bags, a grinder, rolling papers and a glass pipe believed to be used to smoke marijuana. The officer placed the party under arrest for criminal possession of marijuana to the fourth degree as well as criminal use of drug paraphernalia to the second degree. The party was placed in handcuffs and driven to headquarters where he was searched and placed on bar. The party was read his Miranda rights and signed and initialed them. He was booked, finger printed and processed. Above property was photographed and then returned, materials believed to be/contain drugs were sent to the Westchester County Lab. Nothing further.

Sept. 10
2:14 a.m. — An officer on patrol observed a vehicle stopped in a traffic lane on Third St.. The vehicle was seemingly abandoned and had suffered severe damage on the front and passenger sides. Upon canvassing the area, the officer observed a man flagging down an Uber, seemingly unsteady on his feet. The officer stopped to speak to the party, who identified himself. The officer observed the party’s eyes to be red and watery, the smell of alcohol emanating from his breath, and his speech slurred. When asked where he was coming from the party stated that he was returning home from the Public House Sports Bar. He additionally stated that he was driving a vehicle that matched the description of the aforementioned. When questioned about the damage, the party stated that he hit something but was unsure of what. When asked if he would perform standardized field sobriety tests the party became irritated and refused all. The officer placed said party under arrest for driving while intoxicated. The party was searched and transported to headquarters where he was placed on bar and read his Miranda and DWI warnings. The party reportedly spoke over the officer, calling him an “asshole” and stating “fuck you”. The party refused to sign both warnings and refused a chemical breath test. It was later determined that the party hit an outdoor seating barrier on Fifth Ave., pushing it 10 feet from its original position and resulting in minor property damage. The vehicle was impounded and the party was booked and processed for driving while intoxicated, refusing a chemical breath test, leaving the scene of property damage and criminal mischief of the fourth degree. He was placed in a cell and fingerprinted. Nothing further.