SOOP Theatre to audition grades 5-8 for ‘All Shook Up’ on Sunday

Vanessa Rosado as Veronica Sawyer, Ava Pedorella as Heather Chandler, Allison Feldman as Heather Duke and Ava Pursel as Heather McNamara (cast 2) in November SOOP outdoor production of “Heathers” that was then streamed.

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by the SOOP Theatre Company.

SOOP Theatre Co. is proud to announce that auditions for their Spring 2021 musical, All Shook Up, will be held the weekend of Sunday, February 28th for grades 5-8! (Grades 9-12 will be held on April 6th.) The hit jukebox musical featuring the works of Elvis Presley is being brought to the SOOP outdoor theatre for all kids from grades 5-12. The “Young @Part” program for grades 5-8 will rehearse from March 13th to May 2nd and stream May 7th-9th, while the School Edition for high school students in grades 9-12 will rehearse from May 8th to June 6th and stream June 11th-13th.

“All Shook Up” is a great way for new and returning students to be involved in a brand new experience that will bring out the best in every performer, while still staying safe from COVID-19. All students in grades 5-12 with varying experience levels are encouraged to come out this weekend and audition for “All Shook Up!”

SOOP Theatre Co. recently produced Heathers as a socially-distanced musical filmed on an outdoor stage and broadcast to families right in the comfort of their own homes. With mask wearing and social distancing throughout the rehearsal process, and stellar leadership from director Paul Romanello, the Heathers team managed to pull off a Herculean task: perform safe, entertaining live theatre. SOOP hopes to replicate that success and improve even more with All Shook Up.