SOOP Theatre Company holding auditions for ‘RENT’ for high school students

Caitlin+Winston+as+Veronica+Sawyer%2C+Charlotte+Moore+as+Heather+Chandler%2C+Allison+Feldman+as+Heather+Duke%2C+Katy+Lange+as+Heather+McNamara+and+Oliver+Tam+as+J.D.+in+November+2020+SOOP+outdoor+production+of+Heathers+that+was+then+streamed.+

Caitlin Winston as Veronica Sawyer, Charlotte Moore as Heather Chandler, Allison Feldman as Heather Duke, Katy Lange as Heather McNamara and Oliver Tam as J.D. in November 2020 SOOP outdoor production of “Heathers” that was then streamed.

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by the SOOP Theatre Company.

Pelham, NY – SOOP Theatre Company is honoring the revolutionary and groundbreaking musical “RENT” on its 25th Anniversary by bringing the show straight to the community of Westchester with its latest fall musical! The educational and professional theatre will be producing a high school version of the show this fall for all high school students in the lower Westchester and Bronx communities to participate in. Auditions are open for registration and will be held on June 24th and 25th from 4 pm-8 pm. Rehearsals will take place on September 8th through October 13th with two performance weekends on October 14th – 17th (Cast A) and October 21th – 24th (Cast B). SOOP is proud to have produced “RENT” 10 years ago in 2011 and is excited to offer two separate casts to allow a multitude of students to participate. SOOP Theatre recently produced “Heathers: The Musical” and “All Shook Up” during the COVID-19 pandemic in a hybrid, outdoor format; but the fall will return in the theatre for a full, live audience performance of “RENT.”

“RENT” is a modern rock opera that tells the story of one year in the life of a group of diverse bohemians struggling in modern-day East Village New York. SOOP Theatre Company is committed to culturally sensitive casting, and all students are encouraged to audition, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or creed. 

Audition information can be found at sooptheatre.org. Scholarships are available, for more information, please reach out to [email protected].