PMHS grad Jordan Schwarz one of 197 in U.S. to earn perfect score on AP 2-D art & design exam

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by the Pelham Union Free School District. The Pelham Examiner publishes press releases in the form received as a service to the community.

The Pelham Public Schools is thrilled to share that PMHS 2022 Alum Jordan Schwarz earned a perfect score on the AP 2-D Art & Design Exam taken last spring. Jordan is one of just 197 students to earn every point possible on the exam.

“On behalf of PMHS, I want to congratulate Jordan on this tremendous accomplishment,” said Mark Berkowitz, PMHS Principal. “Every year, our students excel in their AP courses and achieve high marks on the exams, but to earn every single point is truly remarkable. I am also immensely proud of teacher Devon Fallon and our remarkable art department for helping Jordan reach this incredible achievement.”

“AP courses and exams are college-level, requiring great focus and persistence among participating students,” said Trevor Packer, head of the Advanced Placement Program. “We applaud the educators who encourage students to challenge themselves, who motivate and encourage diverse students to achieve their academic potential.”

The Advanced Placement Program is committed to ensuring that students have access to the opportunities they have earned. Students who succeed in AP are not only more likely to succeed in college, but have the chance to save a significant amount of time and money by earning college credit or placement.