Foto Feature: Families and peers see work by PMHS students during sixth art show

The art students of Pelham Memorial High School displayed pieces produced throughout the school year during their sixth annual art show for parents, friends and teachers last Wednesday.

Students looked forward to viewing work by their peers.

“My favorite part of the art show is seeing everyone else’s work,” Julianna Rivello, an art student, said. “Everyone is so talented, and I look forward to seeing all of the work each year.”

“It’s a great event, and I love seeing all the work from all the students,” said another art student who did not wish to be named. “A lot of the artwork is really impressive.”

The show is primarily organized by one of the high school’s art teachers, Devon Fallon. She and her students set up black panels in the high school library, then attached the pieces on the panels along with labels indicating the artist and the names of the works.

“The best part for me is seeing the students’ friends during school see the work and also seeing other students walk by and compliment the work done by students they might not even know,” Fallon said. “The reception at night for families is a bonus.”

Of the impact of the show, Fallon said, “I hope they see how talented the students in the PMHS art department are and the hard work that goes into creating that much art.”