PMS student riding bike to school involved in accident with car on Wolfs Lane, now home ‘in good condition’

A Pelham Middle School student riding a bicycle to school this morning was involved in an accident with a car on Wolfs Lane near the Picture House, according to a letter from Principal Lynn Sabia.

“Please note that the student in question has been released from the hospital and is home and in good condition,” wrote Sabia in an email to parents.

In an earlier note, she had said, “While the student did not appear to be seriously injured, emergency personnel were called and the student was taken to a local hospital for evaluation.”

Sabia called on parents to talk to their children about safety. “Please take a moment to speak to your children about steps they can take to stay safe when cycling or walking to school, including using crosswalks, walking your bike when crossing streets and wearing a bike helmet. Here are some additional safety tips to consider: https://www.safekids.org/tip/pedestrian-safety-tips.”

The principal thanked the Pelham Police and other community members who assisted.