GOP town council candidate Marcellino statement: ‘Believe the sky is the limit for this town’

Editor’s note: This statement from Michelle Marcellino (Perillo) was provided by Team Pelham, which is what the candidates for town office on the Republican, Independent and Conservative lines are calling themselves.

As a longstanding member of the Pelham community, having lived here since I was two-years old and now residing here with my own family, I am passionate about where we live and how I can give back to the town that has given me so much. My deep Pelham roots, coupled with my common-sense ideas and financial background, propelled me to seek out a role where I could help serve this community in a more formalized, hands-on way. I hope I can count on your support and vote on November 5; here’s why:

This town is aspirational. My parents and many others who moved here in the 1970s did so to give their families the very best. People work hard to move here and to stay here. In my adult life I have never, not one single day, taken living in this town for granted. It’s an honor to live here; and now it is time for me to give back in a tangible way that goes beyond my current volunteer roles.

I am honored to be part of this community where, along with my parents, siblings, husband, and children, we have enjoyed its blessings throughout our lives. My childhood memories are Pelham memories; and there is no greater joy than creating new memories here with my son and daughter. From walking to my father’s office on Wolfs Lane, to being the first fifth grade to graduate Siwanoy and first sixth grade ever at Pelham Middle School, to meeting my husband here and now participating in town events with my own children. I am constantly reminded of the wonderful people and benefits of our community, literally around every corner, at every event and with interactions with Pelham friends and neighbors old and new. Myself, my husband, my two siblings, sister-in-law, brother-in-laws (times four!) and two nieces went through the Pelham school district and are graduates of Pelham Memorial High School. I have two children and eight nieces and nephews in the district currently, with two more soon to follow. We are deeply invested in this town. I am deeply invested in the desire to help Pelham reach its highest potential. I truly believe the sky is the limit for this town.

As neighbors and friends, we must strive to keep Pelham the amazing place it has been for generations; past, present, and future. The time is now for me to roll up my sleeves and do my part for Pelham. I believe in finding solutions by working with people of all affiliations and backgrounds and being respectful to all.  The benefit of my life experience, both personal and professional, put me in a position to offer valuable leadership to build on the solid foundation that this town has long been admired for.

My community experience has cultivated vital qualities needed to effectively serve as a leader:

• Currently serving on the Pelham Education Foundation board of directors, specifically on the Project Development Committee / New Grant Proposals.
  • Pelham Youth Hockey Association serving as Association Coaching and Education (ACE) Coordinator and USA Hockey Registrar.
  • Elected to Prospect Hill Site-Based Council assisting in student/teacher relationship strategy and student leadership mentoring.
  • Served numerous years as class parent and publishing parent at Prospect Hill.

My professional experience and background has helped me develop the skills for effective leadership and decision making which will translate well to strategize improvements and work through town issues:

• Twenty years of professional experience serving in roles including Senior Analyst, Business Manager and Controller in industry and secondary/higher education at institutions such as Deutsche Bank, Rice High School, Pace University, and currently Yeshiva University where I serve as Senior Analyst, Budget & Management Reporting.
  • Specialize in planning, budget, negotiation, and strategy including roles on various committees; compensation, capital planning and expenditures, grant evaluation and planning, to name a few.
  • Town work experience including Tiny Tots and Pelham Recreation Day Camp.

My passion for Pelham is palpable. I hope you will give me the opportunity to work for you, for your families and towards maximizing the ultimate potential of this great town.  I appreciate your support on any of the multiple ballot lines on which I am honored to be endorsed.  Thank you and I look forward to seeing you at the polls on November 5, 2019.