Soop Theatre will record fall production of ‘Heathers’ on outdoor stage, stream for fee

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by the SOOP Theatre Company.

After a long summer of uncertainty, SOOP Theatre Company will be back in (and out of) the studio this fall to produce the highly anticipated Heathers: The Musical (High School Edition) with a full ensemble cast recorded on an outdoor stage.  Members of the community were able to vote between Heathers and Something Rotten! for their desired fall musical, and the overwhelming support for Heathers made the decision quite easy for owner and director Paul Romanello. Romanello states, “We expected a much closer horse race, but couldn’t be more thrilled that Heathers:  The Musical (High School Edition) was the runaway choice!  We’ve had this on our radar for quite a while!”

SOOP Theatre Co.’s mainstage productions are available for all high school students grade 9 through 12, but this fall they’ll offer a new program for COLLEGE STUDENTS who might be taking a semester off or attending virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic. SOOP will be offering an exclusive college-aged cast for any undergraduate student looking to get back into the theater this fall. This young professional program will provide an authentic rehearsal environment for college students and young theatre majors alike. College students staying home for a semester looking for a new program to advance their theatre education are encouraged to audition this fall!

Heathers will be performed live on stage and recorded and streamed to a paying audience, giving students the opportunity to jump on stage and do what they love most!  Heathers will hold auditions in the early fall and perform in early October.