30 years after its start, benefit Pelham House & History Tour will again welcome visitors to five homes of note

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by the PMHS PTA and the Junior League of Pelham. The Pelham Examiner publishes press releases in the form received as a service to the community.

On Sunday, April 28th, generous Pelham homeowners will once again open their doors for the Pelham House & History Tour.

Started in 1994, the Pelham House & History Tour began as a fundraising event for the Pelham Memorial High School (PMHS) PTA. In 2019, the Junior League of Pelham (JLP) joined forces with the PMHA PTA to continue the tradition and celebrate both the town’s beautiful homes and its rich history.

“The partnership between the PMHS PTA and Junior League of Pelham is all about coming together as neighbors to celebrate the beauty and warmth of Pelham. We’re incredibly grateful to the generous homeowners who are opening their doors to the community.  It’s truly heartwarming to see such kindness and camaraderie in action. Plus, by joining forces with the PTA, we’re not only creating an unforgettable event, but we’re also supporting wonderful programs that benefit our community.” said Amy Platt, President of The Junior League of Pelham.

The Pelham House & History Tour will showcase five exceptional homes across The Pelhams ranging from a Sears Catalog home in Chester Park to a Cotswold-style cottage in The Mews. Each of the homes feature diverse architecture and interior design and highlight neighborhoods in the Village of Pelham and Pelham Manor.

“The PMHS PTA is proud to continue the 30 year legacy of the Pelham house tour not only because it is the most critical fundraiser for the PTA but because it also highlights our talented high school students. AP art students create original artwork of each of the homes, which will be unveiled the day of the house tour, and student musicians will play at several of the homes ranging from piano to jazz quartets,” said Theresa Mohan, President of the PMHS PTA.

Funds generated by the House & History Tour are vital to the PMHS PTA, serving as its primary financial resource to facilitate field trips, host assemblies, support award ceremonies, provide scholarships, and offer special extracurricular activities. The Junior League of Pelham will use the funds raised to drive initiatives such as Ending Hunger, Professional Prep and its Signature Project focused on playground improvement.

Turn Key Sponsors include: April Monaco, Houlihan Lawrence; Jennifer Meyer, Compass.

Historic Sponsors include: Holly Mellstrom, Kristin Bischof and Elizabeth “Beth” Ritchie, Julia B Fee Sotheby’s International Realty; GLD Interiors NY; Kate Pringle and John McCormick; Maurice Owen, Capital Realty; Meridian Risk Management; Sona Davidian, Compass.

Touring Sponsors include: A List Design; Anne C. Kossawan, DDS; Bronxville Adult School; Caffe Ammi Roasting Co.; Crosstown Custom Projects, Gallo Family Sponsorship; J Lore Designs; Pelham Civics Association; Red Wagon Designs; The Picture House; Tig & Peach; Tyson Stephens, William Pitt Julia B Fee Sotheby’s International Realty.

Tickets are $50 each and are available online, here. Proceeds go directly to funding both PMHS and JLP programs. The self-guided event will run from 1:00pm to 4:00pm and is an adult-only event.

For more information, contact [email protected].

About the Pelham Memorial High School PTA:

Pelham Memorial High School PTA is a not-for-profit parent and teacher membership organization. The association raises funds used to support programs, field trips, award ceremonies, senior scholarships and to extend appreciation for the outstanding PMHS teaching staff throughout the school year.

About the Junior League of Pelham:

The Junior League of Pelham is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.The Junior Leagues fundraising efforts go towards programs benefiting both Pelham and surrounding communities including Ending Hunger, Junior League of Scientists, Professional Prep, our Signature Project, and supporting local scholarships and grants.