School board to set goals for year, name committees at Wednesday meeting

Pelham Memorial High School

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by the Pelham Union Free School District.

The Pelham Board of Education will hold two upcoming meetings on Wednesday, August 25 and Wednesday, September 1, 2021.

Wednesday, August 25 – Regular Meeting

The Board of Education will hold a regular business meeting at 7:30pm on Wednesday, August 25 in Alumni Hall located on the ground floor of Pelham Memorial High School, 575 Colonial Avenue, Pelham, NY 10803. The meeting can be viewed on YouTube live. Prior to the public meeting, the Board is expected to meet at 6:30pm in the Superintendent’s Conference Room in District Central Offices, 18 Franklin Place, Pelham, NY 10803 and immediately enter into executive session to discuss matters related to collective negotiations.

At the meeting, the Board is expected to adopt goals for the 2021-22 school year, establish Board of Education committees and set meeting dates.

Members of the community are welcome to attend the meeting in person. Consistent with recommendations from the CDC, individuals who attend the meeting will be required to wear a mask/face covering and maintaining physical distance from others is strongly recommended, to the extent possible.

In addition to Dr. Champ’s Superintendent’s report, the agenda may include updates from each School Board committee, Finances and Facilities, and the three goal areas of the Strategic Plan: Cultural Competence, Authentic Learning, and the Whole Child.

Please be advised that all public comment will take place in person.

The full meeting agenda will be available approximately 24 hours before the meeting on BoardDocs. To access the agenda once it has been posted, visit www.pelhamschools.org and click “Meetings and Coffees” under the “Board of Education” tab. Then click the button for “Agendas and Minutes” and click the link for the “Wednesday, August 25, 2021” meeting.

Please note that Trustee Michael Owen-Michaane will participate via videoconference from his location at 308 68th St, Holmes Beach, FL 34217.

Wednesday, September 1 – BOE Facilities Tour

The Board of Education will gather outside the Pelham Memorial High School Main Entrance for its annual tour of District facilities at 5:30pm on Wednesday, September 1. The Board will then receive tours of the high school, middle school, four elementary schools and Glover Field.

No action will be taken at this meeting.