School board to hold annual retreat Tuesday-Wednesday, regular meeting Wednesday night

Google Maps

The Pelham Memorial High School/Pelham Middle School campus.

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by the Pelham Union Free School District. The Pelham Examiner publishes press releases in the form received as a service to the community.

The Board of Education will hold multiple public meetings next week, including its annual retreat, a regular business meeting, and its annual tour of District facilities. Details about each meeting are as follows:

Board of Education Retreat – August 23 & 24

The Board of Education will meet in the Library of Pelham Memorial High School, 575 Colonial Avenue, Pelham, NY 10803 for its annual retreat on Tuesday, August 23 from 3-9pm and Wednesday, August 24 from 3-6pm. No action will be taken during the retreat.

Regular Business Meeting – August 24

The Board will meet at 6:30pm on Wednesday, August 24, 2022 in the Pelham Memorial High School Library, 575 Colonial Avenue, Pelham, NY 10803. It is anticipated that the Board will immediately consider a motion to enter executive session to discuss the academic record of a particular student(s). The Board is expected to reconvene in public in the Pelham Middle School Library, 18 Franklin Place, Pelham, NY, 10803 at approximately 7:30pm for the regular business portion of the meeting. The meeting can be viewed on YouTube live.

At the August 24 meeting, the Board is expected to adopt the annual District Safety Plan and Code of Conduct, which were considered at public hearings at the Board’s last meeting. Comments regarding either document can be shared with Dr. Champ at [email protected] prior to the meeting.

In addition to Dr. Champ’s Superintendent’s report, the agenda may include updates from each School Board committee, Finances and Facilities, Human Resources, and the three goal areas of the Strategic Plan: Cultural Competence, Authentic Learning, and the Whole Child.

The Board may also review and/or adopt the following policy: Policy 7553 – Hazing of Students. This policy will be available for review on BoardDocs as part of the meeting agenda.

The full meeting agenda will be available approximately 24 hours before the meeting on BoardDocs. To access the agenda once it has been posted, visit www.pelhamschools.org and click “Meetings and Coffees” under the “Board of Education” tab. Then click the button for “Agendas and Minutes” and click the link for the “August 24, 2022” meeting.

Board of Education Facilities Tour

The Board will meet at 5:30pm on Wednesday, August 31 at the front entrance to Pelham Memorial High School, 575 Colonial Avenue, Pelham, NY 10803 for its annual tour of school district facilities. The Board will tour all six school buildings as well as the Glover Field Complex and Julianne’s Playground. No action will be taken at this meeting.