Pelham Examiner

Pelham Examiner

Pelham Examiner

Project Community brings together PMHS students and artist Charles Fazzino to create holiday card

Front row from left, art students Sydney Paulose, Cararose Vitale, Sophia Greco and Lark Martin, and art teacher Kayce Chesashore. Back row, art teachers Will Doyle and Jane Wals, artist Charles Fazzino, art teacher Devon Fallon, and Project Community President Dr. Anne Frost.

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by Project Community. The Pelham Examiner publishes press releases in the form received as a service to the community.

(November 20, 2023 – Pelham, NY) Project Community has provided the Pelham community with visionary healthcare programs and workshops for the past 40 years. So it’s no surprise that when it came to creating an end-of-year holiday card to be sent to all Pelham residents, this extraordinary charitable organization did something, well, out of the ordinary.

According to Project Community Founder and President Dr. Anne Frost, “We called upon one of our longtime champions and supporters, the internationally acclaimed pop artist Charles Fazzino to help guide and inspire Pelham Memorial High School art students to create a customized holiday card to be sent out to all Pelham residents. The students were given an opportunity for consultation with the art studio of Charles Fazzino – who is a resident of Pelham and a proud graduate of Pelham Memorial High School.”

The mission: celebratory holiday art that provides our students an opportunity to volunteer their talents to spread our community holiday spirit .

Four very talented students participated, including Lark Martin, Sophia Greco, Sydney Paulose, and Cararose Vitale. On hand were PMHS Art Teachers Will Doyle, Jane Wals, Devon Fallon and Kayce Chesahore. For appreciation of their participation in this new initiative the students and their teachers were invited to the Fazzino Studio in New Rochelle. They were given a tour of the art collection, and an introduction to the development of pop art. The students also had the opportunity to practice the techniques of applying individual details of the art to a canvas. This was followed by an interview with Charles, including a personalized autographed book of his collection for each student and teacher.

Look for this special holiday greetings from Project Community featuring the art of student Lark Martin.

About Project Community…

Project Community is Pelham’s only volunteer organization that is spearheaded by expert healthcare professionals. Creators of Pelham’s popular COLOR RUN, it is dedicated to support family life by providing insights and answers with six innovative and essential programs and workshops: For teens, the issues deal with Binge Drinking, Sexual Assault, Anxiety and Self Awareness. For the mentally and physically challenged, there’s Project CHILDD and YOU&ME. For more information on Project Community, and on how you can support its mission please visit projectcommunity.us