New Studio on the Ave to offer dance, acting, film classes starting in May

The new business, Studio on the Ave will offer a variety of classes and programs in dance, acting, and film at its 523 Fifth Avenue location starting sometime in May. This studio is one of many locations and is owned by Chanell Smith Bradford, Roderick Bradford Jr, Katherine Rucker, and Khalid Rucker.

“Our mission is to inspire creativity, cultivate artistic expression, and empower individuals to discover their fullest artistic potential,” said Bradford. “Through our diverse range of art and acting programs, we aim to provide a nurturing and inclusive environment where artists of all backgrounds can explore their craft, engage in collaborative experiences, and develop the skills needed to succeed in the performing arts industry.” 

The mission to teach diverse art forms is reflected in the studio’s class offerings, which range from Panamanian dance to hip hop, salsa, and bachata, as well as instructors who represent West Indian and African cultures. Some teachers performed alongside major stars such as Micheal Jackson and Whitney Houston. 

“We foster a welcoming and supportive atmosphere where individuals of all ages and backgrounds can feel comfortable exploring and expressing their artistic talents,” said Bradford. “Our studio is a place where everyone is embraced and encouraged to grow creatively.”

View Comments (1)