Pelham Examiner

Pelham Examiner

Pelham Examiner

Pelham Education Foundation begins annual fundraiser, will hold first Blue Ribbon Day to celebrate effort

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by the Pelham Education Foundation. The Pelham Examiner publishes press releases in the form received as a service to the community.

PELHAM, NY — This week, Pelham Education Foundation kicked off its annual fundraising campaign to raise money to enhance the quality of public education for all Pelham students. For 29 years, the PEF has enriched learning opportunities for Pelham’s children by awarding nearly $3 million in grants across all schools for grades K-12. The theme of this year’s campaign is “Planting the seeds of possibility,” and donations of any amount ($25 and above) will be recognized with PEF’s signature blue ribbon on May 4.

“The PEF’s annual blue ribbon fundraising campaign unites all of Pelham in support of enriching our incredible public schools,” said Pelham Education Foundation President, Sarah McKee. “In an effort to return to pre-pandemic fundraising levels, this year the PEF re-introduced a business appeal campaign where we secured support from 25 local business sponsors in advance of our general fundraising effort. We have wonderful momentum heading into Blue Ribbon Day and we have every hope that 2024 will be a banner fundraising year.”

PEF’s Business Sponsors include the following:

Signature Blue Ribbon Sponsors: Ball Chain Manufacturing—Logotags, The Gallo Family, The Royce Family/J&S Mechanical, Inc., Meridian Risk Management & Meridian Realty Consultants, MG Martins Auto Inc., Rockwells Restaurant, DJ Ruben, Tri-State Elevator Co., Inc.

Royal Blue Sponsors: Sergios Ristorante, The Westchester Dent Company, Caffe Regatta

Noble Blue Ribbon Sponsors: Artistic Manner Flower Shop, Ballet Arts, Blue Dog Wines & Spirits, Danilee’s Helping Hands, Francella Property, LLC, Link Insurance, Marc Schaeffer/Brown Harris Stevens, Nature’s Cradle Nursery & Landscape Design, Parish of Christ the Redeemer, Pelham Children’s Center, Pelham Pizza, Premier Music Studio, Prisco Orthodontics, Sunshield Energy Control Systems, Tig & Peach, and Thrive Barre & Fitness.

“This year, PMHS junior Sophia Greco designed a fantastic Blue Ribbon Day graphic inspired by PEF’s role in planting the seeds of possibility for all Pelham students,” McKee added. “We hope this partnership establishes a new PEF tradition of honoring student artwork and design through our annual Blue Ribbon Campaign.”

Pelham Education Foundation grants have secured innovative programs and technology, provided supplemental resources and equipment, supported faculty training, helped fund facilities and championed the FPA, a designated fund for the performing arts.

2023-24 grants have included the purchase of new ⅛ sized bass instruments for all four elementary schools, a paint pouring activity allowing PMHS Foundations of Learning students to work with general education students and develop confidence, creativity, and social skills, and Kids for Positive Change, a multimedia, cross-curricular science program that empowers 4th and 5th grade students to take action on environmental problems.

On May 4th, PEF will host its inaugural Blue Ribbon Day Celebration from 1-3pm at the Pelham Town Gazebo. This community-wide event is open to all, and will feature spotlights on Pelham Education Foundation-funded grants, live entertainment, and more.

To contribute to PEF’s 2024 Blue Ribbon Campaign, visit pelhameducationfoundation.net before May 4th.

###

The Pelham Education Foundation, Inc. was founded in 1995 as a not-for-profit and tax-exempt charitable foundation to receive tax-deductible contributions from individual donors, corporate gifts and grants from public and private foundations to strengthen and enrich curriculum with innovative programs. Since inception, we have made grants of nearly $3 million for students in Pelham public schools, grades K-12.