Snapshot: Pelham Bakery storefront is for sale

Building+for+sale+sign+posted+on+Pelham+Bakery+door.+
Cristina Stefanizzi
Building for sale sign posted on Pelham Bakery door.
View Comments (2)
About the Contributors
Gillian Ho, Deputy Managing Editor
Gillian Ho is a senior at the Horace Mann School. She has been a Pelham resident since 2016 and has written for the Pelham Examiner since its start in 2018. In school, Gillian writes for her school's newspaper and actively participates in public forum debate. She hopes to pursue journalism in college. During her free time, she fences in and out of school.
Cristina Stefanizzi, Senior Editor
Cristina is a senior at Pelham Memorial High School. She is the class of 2023 secretary and the Editor-in-Chief of the PMHS Pelican Yearbook. Cristina is also the co-president/founder of the PMHS Breast Cancer Awareness Club, co-president of the Pelham Together Youth Council, and a president of the PMHS Operation Smile Club, as well as a member of the PMHS Italian Club. She also enjoys participating in the PMHS Concert and Chamber Choruses, as well as the Sock ‘n’ Buskin Theater Department. She is excited to contribute to the Pelham Examiner and hopes to continue journalism in college.

• C

Chris EndrstJun 23, 2024 at 11:48 am

So sad to see it go. I have so many memories of going to the bakery with my Mom as a little girl. It was always a special Saturday treat to get fresh jelly donuts and rye bread! The staff was always so kind. I loved how they tied the box with string hanging from the ceiling. I hope another bakery takes its place. Thanks for the memories!

Reply
    • B

Babs SaklerJun 23, 2024 at 12:11 pm

Another small business hits the dust! Pelham really could use a quality bakery – including a fresh bread section. A Pain Quotidian or Maison Kayser would be great – this would elevate the quality of Pelham’s main street to the level of say Bronxville or Rye. The selection of quality shops in Pelham is dismal at best!

Reply