Village of Pelham police blotter: Nov. 1-8

Village of Pelham police blotter: Nov. 1-8

Nov. 1

6:19 p.m. — The department received a call headquarters stating there was a sleeping dog on her porch at incident location. Patrol units were dispatched to the area to retrieve the dog. Upon arrival the dog ran off and the units conducted a canvas. Canvas of the area yielded negative results. No further police action.

3:38 p.m. — While on patrol an officer was waved down by a party on Fifth Ave. and First St., for driving a complaint. The party stated that himself along with another person were on Franklin Pl. and saw someone driving erratically, honking their horn, cursing and throwing water at them. The party stated that the vehicle left Northbound on Wolf’s Lane and was able to get the vehicle’s license plate number. No one was injured during this incident. No other reports of an erratic driver in the area of Pelham Middle School were made to headquarters. Pelham Police Department and detectives were notified of the incident to further investigate. No further at this time. 

Nov. 2

5:15 p.m. — An officer was traveling Northbound on 5th Ave., stopped for a red light at the intersection with 3rd St., when I observed a gray SUV traveling Southbound on 5th Ave. approaching 3rd St. make an illegal U-Turn on the double yellow pavement markings, and in violation of posted signs. The officer affected a vehicle stop and requested a license and registration from the operator, who produced a non-driver ID which identified him. He stated that he did not have a license and that he was driving his son’s car. A DMV check revealed that the party had a revoked NY license with a total of 12 suspensions on 6 dates. The man phoned his daughter to pick the vehicle up. Other officers arrived on the scene as backup, and the party was placed under arrest. He was handcuffed without incident and placed in the rear of a police car, and transported to headquarters. He was released at around 6:15 p.m. on a $100 cash bail, and was given an appearance ticket for a later date. 

Nov. 6

10:41 a.m. — On the incident date and time an officer responded to a location on First St. on a report of fraud. Upon arrival the officer spoke with the complaining party, who advised that she had received a fraud alert text message from Bank of America due to suspicious activity on her credit card.A total of $195.80 in fraudulent charges were made with CashApp, a person-to-person payment app, at Chick-Fil-A and The party further stated that she received a text message attempting to confirm her phone number, to which she did not reply and blocked the number. She advised that she is pursuing the matter with Bank of America and does not wish to press charges at this time.

Nov. 7

10:14 a.m. — A party entered headquarters to report fraudulent online purchases made. The party advised that sometime between May 1, 2019, and November 7, 2019 several online purchases were made from her Purchasing Power Account. Purchasing Power is a website that is sponsored by an employer or organization which enables individuals to make purchases of various items and vacation trips. Her account is reportedly linked to both her paycheck from work as well as a credit card. At the time of writing, she estimates that a total of $2,500 is missing from her account in fraudulent charges. The party informed officers that the account was locked and the company would access the information after a police report was generated.

7:32 p.m. — An officer responded to a location on Fifth Ave. on report of an unwanted party in the store. Upon arrival the officer observes the unwanted party outside of the incident location. The officer spoke with him, and he states that he was upset and angry about being charges a different price for beer than the last time. The officer then spoke to a worker at the store who states that the party wanted to pay a cheaper price than what the product actually costs. He further stated that an argument broke out about the price and he wanted the party to leave his store but he refused at the time. After the officer spoke to the accused party who was advised that he was not allowed back in the store. He was sent on his way without incident. The incident was strictly verbal. No further.