Pelham Manor police blotter: Jan. 2-9

Pelham Manor police blotter: Jan. 2-9

Jan. 3

12:39 p.m. — An officer was dispatched to BJ’s Wholesale Club in the Pelham Manor Shopping Center on report of a possible larceny. Upon arrival the officer spoke with a BJ’s employee who stated that he had a female party stopped at the front podium due to her exiting with unpaid for store merchandise. A witness stated that at approximately 12:35 p.m. the employee was stationed at the store’s exit point when the suspect walked by with three garbage bags filled with merchandise. The employee asked to see a receipt for said merchandise, but the suspect could not provide one. The suspect party was placed under arrest and transported to headquarters for processing. Photos of the stolen merchandise were taken, and then merchandise was returned to BJ’s. A receipt totaling $313.28 was obtained and turned over to the detective department. Video surveillance is to be provided at a later date. The arrest and processing was completed without incident. An e-Justice inquiry revealed that the party also had two outstanding warrants out of New York City for petit larceny and criminal possession of stolen property, and one out of Pelham Manor for petit larceny. The Bronx NYPD was notified, stated that they would only extradite for felony warrants and asked to advise the party to turn herself in. The party is due back in Pelham town court at a later date, and was released on her own recognizance.

1:52 p.m. — The department received a call that a teacher at Huguenot Nursery School had observed that some of the lights in Wyman Park had been damaged with rocks. An officer was dispatched and observed that four separate light poles had the glass panes smashed, as well as other damage to the poles themselves. An employee at Huguenot stated that he had seen the lights in good condition on Dec. 27. Pictures of the damages were taken. The officer spoke with the teacher who stated that she had observed the damage at approximately 1:30 p.m. that day. The damages were advised to cost $500 per pole. Nothing further.

7:03 p.m. — An officer on patrol on Shore Road by Pelhamdale Avenue observed a vehicle with its rear license plate covered. The officer initiated a traffic stop and the operator of the vehicle identified himself. The operator was found to have a non-driver’s license with a total of 15 revocations on his license (these included: driving while intoxicated, refusal of a chemical test). He was also found to have multiple suspension for failure to pay fines, answer summons, pay driver responsibility assessment and failure to pay child support. The party was placed under arrest and transported to headquarters, and the vehicle was impounded. The party was processed for having no distinctive plate, having an uninspected vehicle, unlicensed operation and aggravated unlicensed driving. The party was released on his own recognizance, and is due back in Pelham court at a later date. Nothing further.

Jan. 9

12:07 p.m. — A party walked into police headquarters to report the theft and unauthorized use of her credit card on Dec. 26.. She stated that after returning from shopping she noticed that an additional charge of $305.57 had been made to her Citibank Mastercard at BJ’s Wholesale Club shortly after she used the card at the same store. She then realized that her card was missing and immediately notified Citibank and cancelled her card. She stated that she is filing the report to receive a full refund from Citibank. Supporting and owner depositions were completed along with an identity theft file consent document. A detective was notified. E-Justice inquiry yielded negative results.

4:43 p.m. — Officers were dispatched to Bank of America on Boston Post Road on a report of an attempted fraudulent transaction. The suspect had last been seen walking towards Edo Japanese Steakhouse using a walker. A search of the area yielded negative results. The officers spoke with the manager of the bank who stated that the suspect had entered the bank, gone to a bank teller window and told the teller that he needed a new debit card and a cashier’s check. The account number that he gave did not exist, and the social security number he provided belonged to a female customer of Bank of America. The suspect then reportedly got nervous and exited the bank. The suspect left behind a Nevada driver’s license, and was recognized as a suspect from a Bank of America BOLO released after an incident occurring on Dec. 31 in Bronxville. A search of the name on the license did not match that of any Bank of America customer. The officers then spoke with the teller who stated that the suspect approached his window wanting to withdraw a large sum of money to pay for his roof, in addition to requesting a new debit card and cashier’s check. He observed the suspect become flustered and quickly leave the location. When the suspect was far enough away he reportedly stopped using his walker. The driver’s license and the Bank of America customer receipt were taken as evidence and secured. The information on the driver’s license was found to be fraudulent and match that of the suspect of the previous incident in Bronxville. Video surveillance to be provided at a later time. Supporting depositions were completed.  

7:34 p.m. — On officer was dispatched to CVS Pharmacy on Boston Post Road on a report of larceny that occurred the previous night. Upon arrival the officer spoke with the store manager who stated that she observed surveillance footage from the day before which shows four women stealing store merchandise. The four suspects had entered the store all around 9:30 p.m.. Two suspects placed allergy and digestive relief items into a pocketbook while the other suspects served as lookouts as the merchandise was concealed. At around 9:35 p.m. the suspects passed all points of sale and exited without rendering payment. An inventory check determined the total value of the stolen merchandise to be $1428.46. An owner deposition and supporting deposition were completed. The receipt for the stolen items along with DVDs of store surveillance footage were placed in an evidence locker. A detective has been notified of the situation.