Pelham Manor police blotter: Aug. 27- Sept. 7

Pelham Manor police blotter: Aug. 27- Sept. 7

Aug. 30

4:00 p.m. — A call was received reporting that Five Below employees located a small child in the store. The child stated that she could not find her parents and that they may have gone to Petsmart. Her parents were located and the parties were reunited. 

Aug. 31

A 911 hangup was received and an officer called back to check-in. A father stated that his son had dialed 911 in error. An officer later reported a father-son verbal domestic dispute because the father had told his son to stop playing video games. Upon arrival at the scene the son stated that he had dialed 911 after the argument with his father.

2:22 p.m. — A 911 call was transferred by an NYPD operator reporting that a party had accidentally locked their 8-month-old child in the car and needed assistance. The caller stated that the child was conscious and in no harm. Officers were dispatched and successfully gained entry to the vehicle. The child was removed in good health. 

Sept. 1

A caller reported that she was on a walk when she began to be followed and harassed by two parties in a UPS truck. She stated that the truck stopped and the two parties “looked at her funny.” They proceeded to beep and follow her back to her residence. She claimed that she tried to avoid them on a side street but was blocked in by the truck. Upon investigation an officer discovered that it was a misunderstanding between the parties. The UPS drivers were making local deliveries and began beeping while backing up to alert oncoming traffic and pedestrians. 

10:27 a.m. — A call was received by a party stating that her 12-year-old daughter was approached by a suspicious female while she was walking their dog. The youth stated that she was walking the dog when the woman began asking her questions about the school she attends and their plans for reopening. The suspicious woman told the youth that she was 64 years old and worked at Colonial Elementary School. She then proceeded to tell the youth that she was pretty and had a nice body. Now uncomfortable, the youth told the woman that she had to go home and began walking away. The woman said she would walk with her and continued to ask her personal questions like if she had any siblings. Since the youth did not want the woman to know where she lived, she ducked into a neighbor’s back yard to call her mother. As she entered the backyard, the woman asked if anyone was home to which the youth responded saying that her entire family home. The woman did not follow her and left in an unknown direction. Officers were unable to locate anyone matching the description. No further information has been reported.