Village of Pelham police blotter: Oct. 9-24

Village of Pelham police blotter: Oct. 9-24

Oct. 9
1:30 a.m. — While observing traffic on Lincoln Ave. an officer observed a vehicle with heavy damage to its front dragging its bumper. The officer conducted a traffic stop on Lincoln Ave. in Mount Vernon. Upon approaching the vehicle the officer observed that the operating party had glassy, bloodshot eyes and an odor of alcohol emanated from his breath. The operating party stated that he was returning from a party with friends and admitted to smoking marijuana a few hours prior, denying alcohol consumption. He agreed to taking a standard field sobriety test, to which he failed all parts. The party was placed under arrest for driving while intoxicated, searched and placed in the police vehicle and transported to headquarters. The vehicle was impounded and towed. When at the police station the party was asked how his vehicle sustained damage, to which he replied a vehicle had hit his and fled the scene. When asked about the damage a second time, the party responded that there had not been another vehicle involved and that he had lost control and hit the median on both sides of I-95. The party read his warnings, and signed off to take a chemical breath test, which showed his BAC to be 0.15%. The party was processed, all reports and documentation were completed. Nothing further.

Oct. 10
11:57 a.m. — An officer was dispatched to a residence on Highbrook Ave. on a report of a larceny in the past. The complaining party stated that her son had left his bicycle by their open garage door and that it was taken at some time between 8:30-9:00 a.m.. The helmet hanging on the bike’s handle was also taken. The residence had no cameras on the premises. Nothing further.

Oct. 11
9:13 p.m. — A residence of Harmon Ave. informed police headquarters that he had caught two adolescents attempting to take down his Trump for President sign. Both parties fled the area into Highland Park and upon officer arrival the parties were gone. The resident just wished for the incident to be documented.

10:12 a.m. — A party entered headquarters advising that his employer’s vehicle had been stolen from Sixth St. after parking it there the previous evening. The vehicle was found missing around 7:00 a.m.. The complaining party stated that he used this vehicle to take his employer to her appointments, and that she is handicapped and therefore could not make the report in person. The party believes he left the vehicle unlocked with the keys inside. The area was canvassed with negative results, files and justice reports were completed. Nothing further.

Oct. 14
9:10 a.m. — A hotline message was received by headquarters regarding a stolen vehicle traveling on Lincoln Ave.. An officer located the vehicle through a security camera and ran out in an attempt to stop it. With help from supporting police vehicles the traffic stop was successful. The operator of the vehicle was placed under arrest, searched and placed in the back of a police vehicle. Westchester Collision towed the vehicle (receipt held as evidence). The party was charged with theft to the fourth degree. After being searched and secured the party was photographed and fingerprinted before being released upon his own recognizance. The party is due back in court at a later date.

Oct. 15
1:37 p.m. — While on patrol an officer observed a vehicle disobey traffic control device, passing through a section of Highbrook Ave. marked off during school hours. The officer conducted a traffic stop, and found upon taking the operators documentation that the party had no valid NYS driver’s license, only a permit. The vehicle’s registration was also suspended due to insurance lapse. Two summons were issued, one for driving out of class, another for disobeying a traffic law, and a parking ticket was issued for the invalid registration. Due to the invalidity of registration, the vehicle was impounded by Westchester Collision. Nothing further.

Oct. 19
5:00 p.m. — A resident of Highbrook Ave. North reported adolescents throwings rocks at her home. Officers were dispatched and sighted the youths with rocks in their hands. They fled, however two were caught and transported to headquarters where they were released to their guardians without incident. The resident did not wish to pursue criminal mischief charges at the time. Rocks and photos of damage were taken as evidence. No further police action at this time.

5:49 p.m. — An officer was dispatched to a business on Lincoln Ave. on report of larceny. Upon arrival the officer spoke with an employee who stated that during her shift she observed a party enter the Mini Mart acting suspicious, grab an 18-pack of Budweiser and run out of the store. The area was canvassed with negative results, but the officer did recover an empty Budweiser box on Washington Ave. The employee advised that the store manager would be working that Tuesday and would be able to aid the detective unit with obtaining video footage. Charges wished to be pursued, case turned over to the detective division.

Oct. 21
1:06 p.m. — An officer was dispatched to a location of Fourth Ave. on report of a parked car motor-vehicle accident. Upon arrival the officer observed a party sitting in the driver’s seat of a car parked in between two damaged vehicles. The party did not respond when asked if he was injured, but had glassy and watery eyes and an odor of alcohol emanating from him. The officer questioned a bandage on the party’s wrist, asking if he had been injured, to which he replied “I just got into an accident. Can I go now?” The operator then attempted to put his vehicle in reverse, the officer ordered him to turn it off and exit. The party almost fell out of the seat and the officer aided him in steadying. The officer observed several empty bottles of alcohol on the car floor behind the passenger seat. The operating party failed all conducted field sobriety tests and was placed under arrest. The party was transported to headquarters where he was read his rights. After refusing a chemical breath test, the party was placed in a cell after being booked and oriented. A detective later removed him from the cell to be arranged at court.