Pelham Examiner

Middle school shifts to remote instruction until Dec. 9 after multiple positive Covid-19 cases

Pelham Middle School will shift to remote instruction from Dec. 1 to Dec. 9 after multiple individuals tested positive for Covid-19, according to an email sent by Principal Lynn Sabia on Monday night.

The individuals who tested positive were last in the building on Nov. 25th. The news comes after the high school announced that they would be continuing their all-virtual format through Dec. 4 after switching to remote instruction on Nov. 25.

According to Sabia in the email, the district is currently notifying all families of children advised to quarantine due to in-school contact with individuals that recently tested positive for Covid-19, with notifications being sent within the next 24 hours.

If testing is advised for a member of your family due to exposure, a list of testing sites is available on the Westchester County Department of Health website here.

About the Writer
Oliver Tam, Assistant Managing Editor

Oliver is a junior at Pelham Memorial High School. He has been working with the Pelham Examiner since August of 2019 and looks forward to continuing his...