Pelham native Troy Cogburn named president of New York State Transfer and Articulation Association

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by Manhattan College.

RIVERDALE, N.Y., – August 6, 2019 – Troy Cogburn, director of transfer admissions at Manhattan College and a native of Pelham, N.Y., has been named president of the New York State Transfer and Articulation Association (NYSTAA) for the 2019-20 academic year.

Cogburn has been an active member of the NYSTAA for 10 years. He previously held roles within the NYSTAA as a regional coordinator, chair of the membership committee, co-chair of the downstate region and co-chair of the issues committee.

“NYSTAA is the premier organization for providing clarity, understanding and expertise in all phases of the transfer student and administrator experience in higher education today,” Cogburn said. “I am passionate about this organization, whose mission I stand with, and am proud to lead.”

Cogburn has been at Manhattan College since 2014 and has led the effort to increase transfer student enrollment by more than 20%, while also increasing transfer student retention from 84% to 90%. He also has helped to establish the Student Veterans Organization on campus, which has also grown to more than 100 student veterans currently enrolled at Manhattan College.