Pelham Civics start fundraising for Help a Child, Change a Life effort

Editor’s note: This press release and graphic were provided by the Pelham Civic Association.

(March 19, 2021 – Pelham, NY) This marks the ninth year of the Pelham Civics visionary program Help a Child, Change a Life. Collaborating with the Pelham School District’s Superintendent Office and Administrators, the objective is to close the achievement gap – particularly now during the pandemic – for those Pelham students who come from financially struggling households. The program provides access to free resources such as tutoring, free college applications, music lessons, and other learning tools, skill development programs and social development activities that were out of reach for far too many Pelham students due to financial constraints.

Over the years, with the generous support of our Pelham neighbors the scope of support provided by this initiative and the number of students touched across all age groups has continued to expand in very meaningful ways.

According to Rich Davidian, Pelham Civic Chair of Help a Child, Change a Life, “We are pleased with our past successes but are even more focused on the challenges that our students will be confronting in the days ahead. The health crisis has disproportionally affected our students in detrimental ways but together we are committed to offering realistic and effective programs.”

There are 3 easy ways to donate: (1) CLICK ON: pelhamcivics.org; (2) MAIL CHECK TO: The Pelham Civics, PO Box 8184, Pelham NY 10803, or (3) CALL: Richard Davidian, Chairman, 914-552-0872

About the Pelham Civics: Founded in 1939, the Pelham Civic Association is dedicated to assisting our Students/Youth, the Elderly, the Physically/Mentally Challenged, and the Financially Needy with programs, projects and events throughout the year. For more information visit pelhamcivics.org.