Rotary names Aumer, Levine and Soderberg as Scholars of the Month for November

From left, Claire Aumer, Benjamin Levine and Eric Soderberg.

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by the Rotary Club of the Pelhams.

Pelham Memorial High School students Claire Aumer, Benjamin Levine and Eric Soderberg were recognized as November’s Marilyn Stiefvater Scholars of the Month by Rotary Club of the Pelhams.

Claire Aumer is a member of the National Honor Society as well as the Math, Social Studies, English, French and Science honor societies. She has won writing awards and tutors students in math and science. A member of the PMHS Band, she pays the flute. Her extracurricular activities include chorus, Pelham Together Youth Club, Television Studies Club and Gaelic League. She is captain of the PMHS Varsity Cheer Team.

Benjamin Levine won a Curiosity in Science Award at the Westchester Science and Engineering Fair. He is a member of the National Honor Society as well as the Math, Tri-Music and World Language honor societies. He has played cello since third grade. His athletic accomplishments have been in track. He is an active volunteer in community events sponsored by Pelham Children’s Center and Pelham Civics.

Eric Soderberg is Vice President of the National Honor Society and a member of the English, History, Math, Science and Spanish honor societies. His extracurricular activities include Model UN, Student Government and as a reporter for Pelham Examiner. He plays on the PMHS Varsity golf team. His volunteer work includes serving as a poker host and dealer at the Willow Towers assisted living facility in New Rochelle.

In addition to recognizing PMHS Scholars of the Month, Rotary Club of the Pelhams awards a $12,000 scholarship to a PMHS graduating senior annually. Funds are raised through donations from members and the community. To make a donation, visit pelhamrotary.com which also has more information about the local Rotary club.