State ice hockey semifinal: Live updates on Pelham Examiner Instagram, Twitter

Hockey team celebrates with the student section after winning the state title last year.

In the Division II semifinal, Section 1 and regional champions Pelham (16-7-1) will take on Saranac (13-8-2) at 9 a.m. on Saturday in LECOM Harborcenter in Buffalo.

Saranac beat Queensbury, the team Pelham played last year in the semifinals, with a score of 3-1 to get to the semis. Saranac is second in Section 7, trailing behind Beekmantown, which Pelham defeated 5-2 in a riveting regional final last Saturday. If the Pelicans defeat Saranac, they will move to the state final at 11 a.m. on Sunday, where they will face off against the winner of the Salmon River-Skaneateles semifinal. Salmon River is the Section 10 champion and boasts a 21-2-0 record, while Skaneateles is the Section 3 champion and comes in with a 20-3-0 record. They play at 11:20 a.m. on Saturday.

All games will be at the LECOM Harborcenter. A large number of Pelham students, faculty and residents are making the trip via bus, plane, car and train.

The Pelham Examiner will be doing live coverage of the games via our Instagram and Twitter accounts (@pelhamexaminer for either). Follow us for real-time game updates.

Here’s the full roster for the Pelicans. Names to watch include senior captain Luke Green (7), senior Chris Franchini (2), junior Will Crotty (5), sophomore Reid Finster (21), junior Joey Letizia (17), junior Santino Esposito (25), senior goalie Jack Mallinson (30) and freshman goalie Camden White (33).

The livestream for all games will be here.

Tickets for the games in Buffalo are still being sold.