Pelham Examiner

Pelham Examiner

Pelham Examiner

Satisfying your sweet tooth in Pelham: a guide

Pelham has a variety of options to satisfy your sweet tooth, especially in regard to the large selection of pastries found in town. From scones to eclairs to linzer tarts, Pelham bakeries and cafes have much to offer.

Pelville Cafe

In addition to a wide variety of breakfast and brunch foods, Pelville Cafe offers many delicious baked goods. Their blueberry scone is one of the many wonderful options, but you really can not go wrong with anything on their menu. This particular baked good, however, is buttery and fluffy, with the blueberries adding a nice freshness to the scone making it one of their best offerings. Furthermore, their cannoli is a fantastic option with a creamy and sweet filling that offers a good balance with the savory shell.

Pastry from Pellville (Oliver Lavallee)

Pelham Bakery

I believe that Pelham Bakery is one of the most fantastic places to get pastries in Pelham due to their assortment of options, making their bakery an excellent choice. Their eclair is a delicious, favorite option of mine, with the custard providing the perfect level of sweetness to compliment the rest of the pastry without overpowering it. Both their apricot hamantaschen and biscotti are also excellent as the shortbread of the hamantaschen was crumbly and buttery with flavorful and delicious jam. The biscotti was beyond tasty and even if none of those pastries are what you are looking for, there is a bounty of options to feast on.

Sweet treat from Pelham bakery (Oliver Lavallee)

Decicco’s Bakery

While Decicco’s may not be the first location that comes to mind when seeking out pastries in Pelham, their bakery offers a wide range of pastries conveniently available when shopping for groceries. Their apricot linzer tart is delicious for the cookie is very light and buttery, working well in combination with the jam, and is finished off with powdered sugar on top adding an interesting variation in texture, overall improving the pastry. Their biscotti was also exceptional, having a nice crumbling texture. The last thing I tried from Decicco’s was their sfogliatelle which had a tasty filling that complimented the rest of the pastry.

Baked good from Deccico’s (Oliver Lavallee)

Although there are many more outstanding pastry locations in Pelham, these are some of my favorite spots to grab a pastry or two in order to fulfill my sugar cravings!

What are your favorites? Put them in the comments!