Fall sports preview: Loaded with veterans, PMHS boys soccer team looks to rebuild after losing season

The PMHS boys soccer team returned to the pitch on Aug. 21 for a long week of two-a-day workouts.

Pelham is coming off a rocky 2022 season that finished with a 4-10-1 record. The boys did beat favored Nanuet in the first round of the playoffs, before losing to Rye 2-1 in the closing minutes of the fixture. This year’s veteran group looks to bounce back and finish with a winning record.

The team is led by senior captains Kristian Howell, Jackson Scarlett and Sebastian Levy and junior captain Liam Ginsburg.

“Being a captain of the varsity soccer team is an incredible honor,” said Levy. “It is a privilege to represent Pelham both on and off the field. In my last year, I hope to help put Pelham soccer back on the map and finish with a winning record.”

The Pelicans will rally behind leading goal scorers from last year: Howell and Malachy Pearlman.

“This team has been together for almost three years, and it has been so great to see this group of guys grow together,” said senior Connor Normoyle. “The team has plenty of chemistry, and this will prove to be a great advantage for us in our upcoming season.”

With such knowledgeable and skilled players, Pelham can be a formidable opponent this season.

“We have a squad full of veterans who have varsity experience beginning early in their high school careers,” said senior Kyle Chang.

The boys look to start the season with a win against Nanuet at Pearl River High School on Sept. 2 at 10 a.m.