Fall sports preview: PMHS girls soccer team returns with star-studded squad

Last season’s Pelham team, which graduated five players.

The PMHS girls soccer team is making its return with a star-studded squad ready to take on the league.

Last season, the Pelicans finished with a winning record of 7-6-1, advancing to the playoffs, where they were eliminated in the second round.

Senior captains include returning players Madison Schneider, Laura Shelton and Mia Orlando, who all hope to finish their Pelham careers on a high note.

“We’re all really excited for this season,” said junior Erin Moskowitz. “Our captains are motivating us, and the coaches are pushing us to our limits. It’s a competitive group, and we can’t wait to show everyone our best.”

Pelham opened the season Tuesday with a 3-0 loss away to Somers.

The first home game will take place on Sept. 6 against Tappan Zee after a second road game. The Pelicans will play fifteen matches, not including playoffs. Four of those will be against rivals Rye and Eastchester. The final regular-season game will be at Glover Field against Ardsley, with the playoffs starting on Oct. 19 if they qualify.