Pelham Civics’ Help a Child fundraising campaign most successful since start 10 years ago

Pelham Civics Help a Child fundraising campaign most successful since start 10 years ago

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by the Pelham Civic Association.

I am deeply humbled by your response to our recent appeal for support on behalf of the Pelham Civic Association’s Help A Child, Change a Life student development initiative. By any measure this was our most successful fundraising campaign since we launched this distinctive program nearly 10 years ago.

Your generosity affirms our shared belief that education is the most empowering force in the world. It creates knowledge, builds confidence and breaks down barriers to life-altering opportunities.

This unique and very successfully program focuses on closing the achievement gap for those Pelham students who live in economically challenged households. Since its inception, we have touched hundreds of students with individual tutoring, small group instruction, computers, counseling, test prep, online college courses, application fees, musical instruments and so much more. We have an unwavering commitment to opening the door to a better life for a very targeted and surprisingly large number of students who have limited access to learning tools, skill development and social development activities due to financial constraints.

Over the last 15 months a pandemic crisis disrupted normal schooling and disproportionately affected the academic and social development of our targeted students. Regrettably, their achievement gap has widened and the ideals of this program are even more timely and important. We remain committed to minimizing the emotional stress and feelings of isolation our students experience. We cannot allow our targeted students to be overwhelmed by the challenges they face and risk becoming disengaged from their studies

Because of your generosity, we have the necessary funds to continue to collaborate with the district to support programs that will help elementary, middle and high school students receive meaningful academic and emotional interventions during the summer and well into the next academic year.

To learn more about this program and make a contribution please go online: Pelhamcivics.org, or mail your check (write Help a Child on memo line) to Pelham Civic Association, PO Box 8184, Pelham NY 10803 or call program chairperson Rich Davidian 914-552-0872

Eternally Grateful,

Rich Davidian, Chairperson Help a Child, Change a Life